Friday, October 2, 2009

Letters from past pastors and members

Here are letters we received from past Pastors and members on the subject of our 115th anniversary. Just click on the pictures to enlarge them so that they are readable to you. Enjoy !!



Letter from Sonya and Ted Lindquist:









Pastor Richard W. Dow:






Letter from Inez Morrall:





An email from Miriam Nakayama:






Letter from Pastor Kenneth R. McKnight:



Letter from Jean Twyning:
From Pastor Tina Koenig Ray:
Greetings to you all. I rejoice with you as you celebrate Zion's 115th anniversary. What a wonderful day! It was an honor and pleasure to be the first woman that you have called to ministry. It's hard to believe, but I just celbrated my 20th anniversary of ordination. What a wonderful blessing it was to have you, the people of God at Zion, as my first parish. I continue in the ministry in my 3/4 time call here at Atonement Lutheran in Beloit, WI. I also continue my chaplain call by working at Heartland Hospice one day a week. I have very fond memories of my time and ministry at Zion and pray for your continued blessings. God bless you and keep you and may God's face shine upon you and give you continued peace.
Pastor Tina Koening Ray

From Pastor Ahnquist:
I want to join the many voices of members of Zion Lutheran Church of Belvidere as you celebrate 115 years. i was there but for a few in the early 1990's as a visitation pastor. I recall with much joy my time with the members, staff, not least of all Kathy Martin and of course karl Redelsheimer. We remained good friends after I left Zion. My initial contact with his congregation was as a member of the Augustana Seminary Chorus. I stayed at a dairy farm when we gave a concert in the 1940's. On this special day, know that I am with you in thought and spirit. We not only look back but look forward to may more years of Evangelical lutheran preaching and service.
Your Servant in Christ, Pastor Hubert Ahnquist

No comments:

Post a Comment